Construction Update 8/23/2019
- Friday, 8/23/19 – The contractor will complete the two center lanes of the Atlantic/Venetian intersection today.
- Monday, 8/26/19 – The contractor will close the south half of the Atlantic/Venetian intersection to remove the brick pavers, excavate for the new base, and install new asphalt pavement. The intersection will be closed at Venetian to the south. Detour Signs will be in place to use Gleason Street and Miramar Drive to access businesses south of Atlantic Avenue.
- Tuesday 8/27/19 thru Thursday 8/29/19 – The Atlantic Avenue/A1A intersection work will begin. This work consists of removing the existing brick pavers and installing new asphalt pavement. This work will be completed in phases, working in one lane at a time. Expect traffic delays during construction.
- Tuesday, 8/27/19 – New curbs at the corners of Venetian and Atlantic Avenue will be installed. Expect periodic lane closure for the concrete pour. The intersection will remain open.
- Friday, 8/30/19 – No work will be scheduled on any roadway in observation of Labor Day Weekend.
- The contractor will continue installing the dune fencing posts.
All work is dependent on weather.